Real Divas Ride

Do You Have What It Takes To Ride With A Diva ?

Any of you gurls taken on the Dragon? My son wants me to ride it with him and his Dad. I'm not sure I can handle it.

What is your opinion if you have rode it???

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haven't rode it yet but I have it on my "Bucket List."

I've seen a lot of photos of friends riding "the Dragon" and have heard many stories. I've even talked to someone who wiped-out and lost his bike. Yes, he lived to tell about it and share some very good advice. Never allow anyone to push you pass your limits. Ride it like your life depends on it. Enjoy the moment.
Hi Sunny, After reading your comment I hooked up with YouTube and watched some folks taking rides on the Dragon...wowza...some crazy stuff!
It looks like my hubby is going to back out and so we won't be going. Thanks for the advice about my limits and riding as tho my life depended on it, keep that in the forefront of my mind each time I ride.

Sunny The Diva said:
Haven't rode it yet but I have it on my "Bucket List."

I've seen a lot of photos of friends riding "the Dragon" and have heard many stories. I've even talked to someone who wiped-out and lost his bike. Yes, he lived to tell about it and share some very good advice. Never allow anyone to push you pass your limits. Ride it like your life depends on it. Enjoy the moment.
Bootsie, I haven't ridden it but I *have* ridden Needles Highway and Iron Mountain Road out in the Black Hills... tight/blind curves on uphill and downhill, switchbacks, etc. It was a blast, and the one thing I was relieved to see (and should have KNOWN, but didn't think about) was that the posted speed limit for these is of course LOWER than the normal highway speed. So, where I feared I would slow others down trying to 'ride my own ride,' it turns out EVERYONE was riding my own ride! LOL I've heard there are some nutcase speeders on the Tail, but cannot confirm or deny that. :) I notice it looks like you are not going after all this year, but if you do get the opportunity, I would say "go for it" and just understand/respect your own riding style.
I rode it in the winter, it was challenging but because it was not during busy season I was able to take my time and not feel pressured to ride beyond my comfort level. Go for it and have fun!

Queen of Hearts
Not to worry. If you can ride you can do the Dragon. Have done it several times, taken friends for their first time. Take it slow, get the rythem and you'll enjoy it. Don't be intimidated by others. Accidents will always happen when you ride outside your comfort zone. Take it easy the first time down, each time you're more familiar with it and it's a great adventure, one of those things you have to do, just to say you did it. Remember also that all the roads in and around the Dragon area are a beautiful ride . . .

The Dragon is a great ride.  Just be smart about it!  Ride within your limits and take it slow and steady.  Try to avoid going on weekends!  It gets very crowded and a lot of people are trying to go as fast as they can through it.  

Another thing to watch out for are the semis (18 wheelers).  When they come around a corner, they can't help but be in your lane too.  So be ready to stop if needed.

Another good ride after the Dragon is the Cherohala Skyway but watch out for police (they come out in force some days).

Don't give up on the Dragon, it is fun if you ride smart.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photo Gallery...

Click Here to View Our Diva Photo Gallery

Real Divas Ride Photo Gallery

"Diva Style"

Photos along our journey.

© 2017   Created by Sunny The Diva.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service