Here is a list I found on WomenRidersNow of what to expect when you are a beginner on a motorcycle. I found this list actually made me feel pretty good, normal actually. There is nothing worse than feeling like you are the only one struggling with something. Once I realized that other women have gone through the same trials I experienced I felt encouraged to try, try again. See if you can relate to any of these items.
What To Expect
WRN's Top 10 List for Beginners
1. You're going to drop the bike... at least once.
2. You're going to be nervous for awhile.
3. You're going to get frustrated.
4. You're going to hear crash stories from non-riders whether you like it or not.
5. You're going to get advice from others whether you want it or not.
6. You're going to find you're not wearing proper fitting gear at some point (wrong sunglasses so eyes water, gloves too bulky, etc.)
7. You're going to struggle with how to manage your new hairstyle called helmet hair.
8. You're going to spill gasoline all over the tank...at least once.
9. You're going to realize riding your own motorcycle is cooler than you ever imagined.
10. You're going to find yourself smiling more often.
If there are other lessons you learned as a new rider, we would love to hear them! Leave a comment.